[Reviews - 68] Liked
Summary:

9x16. Daryl wants to know what Carol sees when she looks at him, and it's more than he expected.


Rated: T
Categories: Headcanon
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Ezekiel Sutton, Michonne Hawthorne
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes
Word count: 9790 Read: 4421
Published: March 28, 2019 Updated: April 06, 2019



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This is set in episode 9x16 (spoiler alert!), expanded out and taking off from canon from a moment in the Sneak Peek preview for 9x16, because there is no way the show is going to give us as happy of an ending for Caryl as I’m about to. And also because it is A GREAT MOMENT.

So, if you haven’t seen it, here’s the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDgesoet6Q

Summary of moment in question: Carol says she can’t look at Lydia without thinking of Henry. Daryl asks what she sees when she looks at him. She’s surprised and responds that she sees him, then links arms and Ezekiel looks back just in time to see them walking arm in arm together. I am afraid to hope of what the show might be hinting toward with that moment, so I’m going to write my own version.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

 

1. Chapter 1: What She Sees by Trogdor19 [Reviews - 19] Liked (2952 words)

2. Chapter 2: What He Sees by Trogdor19 [Reviews - 12] Liked (2337 words)

3. Chapter 3: The Part No One Saw by Trogdor19 [Reviews - 7] Liked (1567 words)

4. Chapter 4: What He Doesn't See by Trogdor19 [Reviews - 15] Liked (1742 words)

Author’s Note: Quick reminder, this fic was written before the 9x16 finale aired, so some details will differ from the episode, and it is fully off-canon by this scene.

5. Epilogue by Trogdor19 [Reviews - 15] Liked (1192 words)