[Reviews - 329] Liked
Summary:

Connor MacManus is without his brother, and is compelled to set out from Boston on an undefinable quest. Carol Peletier is trying to make her way alone, having left behind the people she once considered family and the man she loves more than any other. A story about redemption and love. Angst and romance ensues, Carol/OFC and Caryl. Boondock Saints/The Walking Dead Crossover


Rated: E
Categories: Season 5, Crossover (other books or TV shows)
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Carol/Other (Temp), Sexual Situations
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No
Word count: 57266 Read: 8635
Published: August 21, 2014 Updated: May 18, 2015



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

I have recently suffered a crisis of faith in terms of the Caryl ship, I must admit, and so I've decided that Daryl maybe needs a little competition in order to better appreciate the woman who has given her all to help him survive/thrive in the new world, and who better than a man facing his own complicated situation? Things are rarely black and white, and so I'm hoping to explore the strength of Carol/Daryl's actual relationship, and whether or not our beloved archer is really the man she needs...

1. Chapter 1 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 25] Liked (1910 words)

2. Chapter 2 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 17] Liked (1034 words)

Thank you for the amazing, fantastic, enthusiastic reviews I've received so far! I know this story is a bit of a departure from my usual fare, but I have hope you'll find it every bit as satisfying in the long run.

I want to apologize upfront for my attempts (which I'm sure are inadequate) to capture Connor's lovely Irish accent during his dialogue. I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm not trying to play to any stereotypes, but I can hear it in my mind as I'm typing and so am trying to portray Connor as authentically as possible. Please forgive me and suspend disbelief if you would (or better yet, go watch BDS or BDS II and get that voice stuck in your head so that you can hear him yourself despite my writing!)

A short chapter but I promise - more to come soon!

3. Chapter 3 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 13] Liked (2391 words)

Thank you so much for the overwhelming support and kindness you've all shown me so far! A special shout-out to Pixie Grunger for letting me know that I haven't totally embarrassed myself in terms of Connor's dialect (she would know if I did, for sure!). Thank you for those who are fans of the Boondock Saints and are enjoying some of my subtle references to the movies, and those who have never seen the shows but are coming along for the ride regardless. I'm so impressed by the Nine Lives readers and authors - there is a sense of community here that seems to be sadly lacking elsewhere. You are all amazing!Heart

4. Chapter 4 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 13] Liked (1460 words)

Bouquets to everyone who took the time to review, it means the world to me! Hope you enjoy this latest instalment, things are starting to get a bit dicier for our delectable Saint...

5. Chapter 5 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 14] Liked (1550 words)

Thank you, all, for your kindness in reviewing Chapter 4 and all others that have come before. It's incredibly gratifying to read your reviews and know that you have found something compelling about my story, no matter how small.  I hope you enjoy Chapter 5!

6. Chapter 6 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 9] Liked (1572 words)

Sorry for the delay, all - darned real life, requiring that I work for a living and what not Wink Another one to follow very quickly, I swear, but I'm afraid that Connor and Carol hijacked my plot temporarily. I'll be back on track next chapter, I swear! P.S. Thank you, everyone, who reviews. Bless your hearts but I'm SO happy to read those notes!

7. Chapter 7 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 18] Liked (2657 words)

Oh, you lovely, lovely readers! Thank you for your kind reviews and above all, your patience as this tale unfolds. As a reward, a MUCH longer chapter that takes us a bit further down the road. I hope you like it, more to come soon! Write

8. Chapter 8 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 19] Liked (1733 words)

What can I say? You've given my little story such an amazing reception and I couldn't be more grateful for the feedback, reviews and comments! Those of us who love Carol are SO emotionally invested in her character's happiness and well-being, I think it's truly the deepest compliment to Melissa McBride that we love her and feel so protective of her, even at the expense of a character as popular as Daryl Dixon! Heart I hope you like this new chapter, time to shake our lovely couple to the very foundations of their fledgling relationship!

9. Chapter 9 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 18] Liked (1615 words)

10. Chapter 10 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 14] Liked (1228 words)

Daryl's back and while there still seems to be some debate about whether he deserves another chance, it seems unlikely he's going to back down. Of course, neither will Connor. Thanks to all for the reviews, you are all gems in the Caryl crown!

11. Chapter 11 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 11] Liked (1589 words)

I think I've said it before, but I'll do so again - I'm blown away with the complex interpretations, strong opinions, unrelenting enthusiasm and steadfast support I see for the stories posted on Nine Lives. That kind of encouragement and constructive feedback can't help but lead to better work, I think, and I appreciate everyone who takes the time to let me know what they think. You are all the best, and hat's off to the amazing fans who set up this archive for our benefit. Caryl On!

12. Chapter 12 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 18] Liked (1884 words)

Again, profound thanks for everyone who has read and reviewed - I am so grateful! Read now! GO! 

13. Chapter 13 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 14] Liked (3382 words)

First of all, thank you to PixieGrunger for her help in sorting out the sequence of events in this chapter. She is an amazing author and was invaluable in getting this all figured out!! 

Bow

WARNING: Contrary to the generally accepted rules of writing, I have taken a sharp right-hand turn and switched the POV for this chapter. Strictly speaking, this is a HUGE writing no-no if one has only used a single POV for the rest of the story, but I felt compelled to do so for a couple of reasons. First of all, the last scene between Daryl and Carol did not bring about any resolution, seeing as Connor (rightfully) removed himself from the situation before it went any further. Secondly, there is a scene included in this chapter that would NOT have worked if I described it from Connor's viewpoint, and so I switched it to Daryl. 

If you'd rather not read it, Chapter 13 forwards the plot but not so much you won't be able to figure out what happened by waiting and reading Chapter 14 when it's posted. I *know* I shouldn't have switched point of view at this juncture of the story but if you do read it, you will likely understand why I felt it was necessary.

P.S. Thank you again for the amazing, wonderful, supportive reviews. This is, bar none, the BEST fanfic site I know of and we have the admins & the members to thank for that!

 

14. Chapter 14 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 11] Liked (2137 words)

Thank you for the reviews, all of them! I appreciate each and every one of you for taking the time to leave me those wee love notes!

Want to thank Pixie Grunger again for her help on the last chapter - she's amazing.

 

15. Chapter 15 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 15] Liked (1678 words)

I am so, SO sorry for the delay in posting to this story. Thank you to everyone who has shown both dedication to my writing and patience in my crises of faith along the way.  This tale is drawing to an end soon but I hope you enjoy this chapter. The winds of change are blowing...

16. Chapter 16 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 12] Liked (1225 words)

Okay, I really did think this was almost over, but new inspiration has hit and I find myself dragged along as my characters hijack my best-laid plans of wrapping this story up neatly in a bow by having Connor walk off into the northern sunset. Indulge me a little longer, if you would...and thank you, THANK YOU, everyone who is still reading!

17. Chapter 17 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 13] Liked (2781 words)

Okay, this is a bit of a different chapter - I'm introducing two new characters (whose names are completely random, I swear! ;) There's a method to my madness, I promise. And in the meantime, the journey to reunite Connor with Murphy continues! Thanks for reading, hope this departure still intrigues!

18. Chapter 18 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 13] Liked (1845 words)

Thank you for the wonderful reviews - and the welcome you've given my marvelous new characters! Big Grin More to be said about them soon, but first a discussion amongst Daryl, Carol & Connor about the way of things.

19. Chapter 19 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 13] Liked (3193 words)

Well, if there's anyone out there still reading this...boy, are YOU patient! I've never neglected a story quite so long before, but I had to get another one wrapped up before I could give this my full attention again. Quite angsty and a little gruesome, but hope you find it an interesting read! Thanks for your indulgence, folks! Thank you everyone who has reviewed and continues to do so!

20. Chapter 20 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 7] Liked (2402 words)

Thank you to everyone who as stuck around for this story; it seems to grow leaps and bounds before my very eyes, taking twists and turns I never expected. I love & cherish everyone who left reviews, thank you for indulging me and my fictional obsessions!

P.S. Prepare yourself for angst. It's sort of my thing, sorry!!

21. Chapter 21 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 9] Liked (2047 words)

I know, I know...MORE angst! I swear, my characters are taking shameful advantage of the esteem in which I hold them and they seem to think they can take the story wherever they wish (yes, Carol, I'm looking at you this time!).

Just a quick note: although there is a strong religious undertone to this story, I do believe it's in keeping with the themes of the Boondock Saints movies. The 'Calling' from heaven is what drives them to do what they do. Please know that I mean no offence to anyone's spiritual beliefs or religious affiliations. The 'opinions' expressed by my characters belong to them alone.

22. Chapter 22 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 10] Liked (5939 words)

A bit of a different chapter in that I've added Carol's perspective for the first part, but I think it's appropriate given what occurred in the last chapter. And yes, there will be smut (you should know me by now!). Thank you for the reviews, can't say enough about what your feedback means to me.

23. Chapter 23 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 9] Liked (2682 words)

I know I say it every time but thank you, THANK YOU, for your reviews! This chapter took a sharp turn when I was attacked by a plot bunny - it's not at all what I intended to write. But just look at it as an opportunity for a wee bit more adventure for our little ragtag group!

Write

24. Chapter 24 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 7] Liked (4232 words)

I said I wasn't going to write anymore, but I have to finish this last story off. It's the very least I owe my lovely friends AND characters, Jessaly & Lydia.  Heart

25. Chapter 25 by bonnyblonde [Reviews - 7] Liked (3100 words)

Sorry again for the interminable delay - work, life, etc, the usual excuses for not giving this fic the attention it deserves. Thank you if you're still reading!

P.S. This chapter is from Jessaly's point of view. I think it's important that we see the dynamic in action from someone else's eyes for this segment.