[Reviews - 60] Liked
Summary:

An AU with Carol as a Vet and Daryl as a guy dealing with his jackass brother. fluffy-ish with some food porn and normal amounts of Caryl angst.

Carol is post Ed-trauma, and Daryl is season 1-2, a motorcycle mechanic and designer, and artist.


Rated: E
Categories: Headcanon, Alternate Universe
Characters: Merle
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No
Word count: 59586 Read: 2185
Published: June 26, 2023 Updated: April 11, 2024



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

I hope you all enjoy.  I have considered this for a long time, I wanted to put my experiences in a fic, and so here you go.  Typical Caryl goodness, some drama/trauma, but only as typical for our sweeties and nothing too deep.  Daryl IS in an accident in the first chapter, but he will be fine.

 

1. Chapter 1 by coreenfw [Reviews - 16] Liked (2529 words)

Here we go.

I have been reading, but had not had the muse tickle my brain.  I have had the idea for this one for years and it has been brewing...  I decided it was time.

So... AU, set in/near a fake-ish Senoia, GA.  (Senoia doesn't seem to have a hospital, even a small one - huh? lol)  some things are based in fact, but much is only my own fun and childish headcanon.

Daryl is angry, Daryl is much more Season1/Season2 grumpy smart ass Daryl... Carol is post Ed trauma, still a bit reluctant on the men and relationship area of her life.  She is a veterinarian working with Hershel and Dr. Maggie Green.  Daryl is dealing with Merle trauma and wrecks his bike in front of Carol's clinic, and .... let the fun begin!!!

I hope you all enjoy!

2. Chapter 2 by coreenfw [Reviews - 5] Liked (4123 words)

Ok, so it seems y'all are digging Dr. Carol and the biker.  I'm so happy!! You guys rock!

so, here is a little more.  

lots of vet stuff here, some chapters will have some, others not as much... but this is also Carol's first visit to the grumpy Mr. Dixon... let's see how this is going to go.

3. Chapter 3 by coreenfw [Reviews - 6] Liked (4246 words)

Ok, so... slow burn... though right now Carol might just want to set Daryl on fire Lolol. 

more grumpy interactions to come!!  Poor Daryl, he is stuck and needs help, and he HATES IT!!

4. Chapter 4 by coreenfw [Reviews - 8] Liked (3416 words)

I had forgotten this, but to be legally compliant...

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

A little more grumpiness, and some morphine... ;)

Enjoy

5. Chapter 5 by coreenfw [Reviews - 4] Liked (6659 words)

********  FOOD PORN WARNING!!! *********

Honestly, I cannot write Caryl ff without food.  SO, I apologize now...'

Food porn, mainly shakes... these are based on a small 'Mom & Pop food place we have near my house.  they have many of these flavors, but some of the flavors are my own demeted ideas... Apricot ANise (I wanted an A named shake that was odd) but Blueberry Pretzel Salad is TO DIE FOR!!! and real)  as is Jalapeno Cornbread... NOPE, and Pickle...

I have a lot of sweet sweet Caryl goodness, thanks to the food... so, I have an excuse.

So, beware the fluff... Big Grin

6. Chapter 6 by coreenfw [Reviews - 4] Liked (4111 words)

More food... sorry, not sorry

AND a SECRET SURPRISE GUEST APPEARANCE (well, not THAT secret)

we get to see a little more of our grumpy redneck, and his interactions with others.

7. Chapter 7 by coreenfw [Reviews - 2] (4908 words)

Here we go.  Sorry about the break.  I just had a massive upheaval in my professional life, all self-inflícted BTW... trying to slow the pace here, not retired, but just the next step along the path.

more Glaryl fun...

I am basing Daryl on the interactions he had with Glenn in Seasons 1-3 primarily.  Daryl was sort of a buddy/annoying big brother to an annoying little brother... i hope you enjoy this Road trip.

warning near the end for Merle Mouth... racial and sexual slurs and innapropriateness will abound briefly.  Also another brief guest appearance.

enjoy!!!

8. Chapter 8 by coreenfw [Reviews - 3] (3855 words)

Here is another chaper.  I hope you enjoy.  SOme vet stuff, finishing the trip, and some CAryl friendship building.

9. Chapter 9 by coreenfw [Reviews - 2] (5063 words)

I'm back, and with a new chapter for a new year (I promise it will not end up being a chapter a year, promise!!)

 

enjoy!!  Love you all!

 

so, gotta do this... Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

10. Chapter 10 by coreenfw [Reviews - 2] (6111 words)

More.  Quite a bit of backstory here, with a filling of angst and uncertainty from both of our sweeties..

I have Ed get a divorce from Carol due to abandonment, she finds out... no signing papers etc.  I realize this might not be a thing... but, it makes sense as if one partner in a marriage disappears, and cannot be found... anyway, I really know nothing... Tongue Out

hope you all enjoy!

11. Chapter 11 by coreenfw [Reviews - 2] (5003 words)

Enjoy...

12. Chapter 12 by coreenfw [Reviews - 2] (4128 words)

I am still here... working at getting ahead a bit.  

so, this might be a 'tipping point' chapter.  Our two sweeties are starting to think there might be something here.  So, I hope you enjoy!!  

thank you ALL for reading!  Love

13. Chapter 13 by coreenfw [Reviews - 4] (5434 words)

Hiya, guys!!  Hope you all cheer seeing a new edition of Animal Magnetism here!!  

I am working away, and getting into some juicy stuff... so, enjoy.  No sexy times quite yet, but things are heating up as Daryl and Carol try to figure out how to make some sweet lovin' with Daryl in a cast!!!  Lololol